Home>>Yiwu life>>Eat in Yiwu>>A Taste of India: Indian Restaurants in Yiwu

A Taste of India: Indian Restaurants in Yiwu
    Come From:China (mainland)
    Up Time:2012-2-22
    Posted Time 2012-2-24 16:44:09

Upon arrival in Yiwu, I knew I wanted to eat Indian food, but was unsure where to go, what price to pay, or what exactly to order. I soon learned of a street where there are five affordable Indian food restaurants ^^and^^ a small Indian grocery store within one city block. This street, Chengbei Lu, being near the International City, seemed like a promising choice. Below is an introduction of some of these restaurants, all located between Chouzhoubei Lu ^^and^^ Gongrenbei Lu, as well as a couple of tips for those not so familiar with Indian food.

Tips on Eating Indian Food

When I began eating on this block in Yiwu, I knew that curry was a spice ^^and^^ little more about Indian food. I liked what I had tried when others did the ordering. Therefore, for those of you who are like me, I would like to share what I have learned.

You want to order three things: some kind of bread, a rice dish ^^and^^ a few dips. An example of the bread would be Naan or T^^and^^oori Roti. A common rice dish is Biryani ^^and^^ will usually be prepared with vegetables or meat. Finally, there are a large range of dips. These would include Masala dishes, Curry dishes ^^and^^ various others. Paneer is a kind of curd cheese that is also worth trying ^^and^^ is also served in dips.

Once you ^select^ your dishes, you mix it all together by putting rice on a piece of the bread, some of the dip on the rice, ^^and^^ often yoghurt on top of it all.
    At these locations, you can expect to pay 200 - 300 RMB for a group of three or four people, depending on your appetite. Enjoy!!

Indian Restaurants in Yiwu
    Photo: hiyiwu.cn

1) Swad-E-Hindustan
    Claiming to be the first north Indian ^^and^^ Punjabi cuisine in Yiwu, this restaurant boasts a large ^select^ion of dishes. Punjab simply refers to an area in northwestern India ^^and^^ eastern Pakistan that is known for its culinary diversity. Although you may choose to have your dishes served spicy or not, this is an excellent choice if you prefer your Indian hot ^^and^^ spicy!

Add: 342 Chengbei Lu, Yiwu
    地址:义乌市城北路342号
    Tel: 0579 85590377
    Opening hours: 8:00-24:00

2) Khana Khazana  
    Khana Khazana is unique in that the restaurant has two floors. The first floor is purely vegetarian, ^^and^^ the second floor serves meat dishes as well. Both floors have their own kitchen with their own pans ^^and^^ utensils. The flavour of the food on both floors is rich ^^and^^ balanced. For the serious vegetarian, this is definitely the place to go.

Add: 366 Chengbei Lu, Yiwu
    地址:义乌市城北路366号
    Tel: 0579 8529 9619
    Opening hours: 8:00-24:00

3) Rishi''s  
    Although I frequent all three of these restaurants, I learned the most about Indian food ^^and^^ how to order from Rishi''s. The staff is friendly ^^and^^ speaks English well. Questions are welcome, the atmosphere is quite relaxed, ^^and^^ the food is great. For those who would look at an Indian food menu ^^and^^ see a bunch of unfamiliar names, Rishi''s is a safe ^^and^^ comfortable bet.

Add: 332 Chengbei Lu, Yiwu
    地址:义乌市城北路332号
    Tel: 0579 8559 1413

4) Bhoomi Store  波蜜食品商店
    Next door to Rishi''s ^^and^^ under the same management is a small Indian goods grocery store. Here you can find a wide ^select^ion of snack foods, cooking mixes, hygienic products ^^and^^ Indian movies. The variety within this small, yet organized, store is quite impressive. Although most products are consistently available, sometimes you will be surprised at what you may find. I like to take a look every time I am in the area.

Add: 336 Chengbei Lu, Yiwu

Posted Time 2012-2-25 8:42:52

Thank You

Posted Time 2012-2-25 8:46:06

thank you

Posted Time 2012-2-25 8:57:15